Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Musical Music

     Yeah, yeah. I know, "All music is musical you idiot." No, that's not what I mean. I mean, "My Music FROM Musicals". And trust me, I have a lot. By my last count, I have 62 albums of broadway/movie musicals. And I love all of them! (Except a couple. Like Oklahoma, I really just don't like Oklahoma. And yes I realize it's the musical that changed musicals forever, but nobody cares. It sucks.)

     Alright, time for me to brag. All of my albums are on my itunes and make a playlist of 1000+ songs. It is truly beautiful. Here's a list of all my musicals (In no particular order), each with my favorite song from the show next to it:

  • Newsies (okay this really is my number 1) - "Seize the Day"
  • Pippin (the 2012 Broadway Cast) - "Corner of the Sky" 
  • The Lion King - "Endless Night"
  • Tarzan - "Trashin' the Camp"
  • Thoroughly Modern Millie (the 2002 Broadway Cast) - "The Speed Test" or "Forget About the Boy"
  • Book of Mormon - "Hello" or "Turn it Off"
  • Wonderland - "One Knight"
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the 2013 London Cast) - "Pure Imagination"
  • Elf - "Sparklejollytwinklejingly" 
  • Sister Act - "Take Me to Heaven"
  • A Christmas Story -  "Counting Down to Christmas"
  • Promises, Promises (the 2010 Broadway Cast) - "Turkey Lurkey Time"
  • Bonnie and Clyde - "This World Will Remember Me"
  • Mary Poppins - "Step in Time" or "Anything Can Happen" 
  • My Fair Lady - "On the Street Where You Live"
  • Spamalot - "The Song That Goes Like This"
  • Young Frankenstein - "Together Again" or "Transylvania Mania" 
  • Shrek - "Freak Flag"
  • The Addams Family - "When You're an Addams"
  • Wicked - "What is This Feeling?"
  • Beauty and the Beast - "Gaston"
  • Matilda - "School Song" or "Quiet"
  • Catch Me if You Can - "Seven Wonders"
  • How to Succeed in Business (the 2011 Broadway Cast) - "How to Succeed" 
  • Anything Goes (the 2011 Broadway Cast) - "It's De-Lovely"
  • Mamma Mia (the Motion Picture Soundtrack) - "Does Your Mother Know?"
  • Urinetown - "Run, Freedom, Run"
  • Finian's Rainbow (the 2009 Broadway Cast) - "When I'm Not Near the Girl I Love"
  • Guys and Dolls - "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat"
  • Legally Blonde - "There, Right There!"
  • Happy Days - "Romeo Midnight"
  • The Music Man - "Shipoopi"
  • The Sound of Music (the Motion Picture Soundtrack) - "Do Re Mi"
  • Hairspray (the Motion Picture Soundtrack) - "Come So Far (Got So Far to Go)" 
  • Les Miserables (the Motion Picture Soundtrack) - "On My Own"
  • The Producers - "Keep it Gay"
  • South Pacific (the 2009 Broadway Cast) - "There is Nothing Like a Dame"
  • Hello, Dolly - "Put on Your Sunday Coat" or "Hello, Dolly"
  • Crazy for You - "Someone to Watch Over Me"
  • Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - "Jacob and Sons" or "Any Dream Will Do"
  • Ragtime - "Make Them Hear You"
  • Children of Eden - "Lost in the Wilderness"
  • The Phantom of the Opera (okay, I'll have a whole post about how much I really just don't like this show, along with Oklahoma) - "Music of the Night"
  • Annie - "Maybe"
  • Xanadu - "Dancin'"
  • Side-Show - "I Will Never Leave You"
  • Sunset Boulevard - "Sunset Boulevard" 
  • Oklahoma (.....uhm...yeah.) - "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning"
  • The Boy from Oz - "The Boy Nextdoor"
  • Not the Messiah (He's a Very Naughty Boy) - "Woe Woe Woe!"
  • White Christmas (the Motion Picture Soundtrack) - "Snow" or "Sisters"
  • Cinderella - "Ten Minutes Ago"
  • Across the Universe - "Because"
  • Rent - "Seasons of Love"
  • The Little Mermaid - "Positoovity" or "One Step Closer"
  • The Little Shop of Horrors - "Dentist!"
  • Into the Woods - "Giants in the Sky"
  • A Chorus Line - "What I Did for Love"
  • Disney's On the Record - All of it....
  • 13 - "Brand New You"
  • 9 to 5 - "9 to 5"
  • Pokemon Live! - "Pikachu! I Choose You!"
     Well, there you go. You made it. I'm so proud of you. Have a virtual hug.
(>*_*)>  hugs  <(*_*<)
     But really, nice work. Those are my shows! (I hope that's all 62...I'm too lazy to count) Now, if you read any of those and thought, "Hey, I really want that!" just let me know! I'm always willing to burn some CD's for people. (Of course, only if you're close to me...and maybe can provide a CD) 

     Now, I don't like all of those musicals. Honestly, there are about five I never listen to. Ever. But hey, I've still got 'em. And I've only seen Wicked and Young Frankenstein. I'll leave you with a little gift. Enjoy the musical stylings of NPH. So long! Farewell! Auf Wiedersehen! Adieu!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment