Monday, October 21, 2013

I, Nicolas Forrey Jorgensen (INFJ)

     The Myers-Briggs Personality Test is a very impressive indicator to who you are. I was incredibly doubtful at first, but once I read the personality profile, I was amazed at how perfectly it described me. I am an INFJ, "The Counselor". (Yes, those also just so happen to be my initials.) This stands for Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging. (the opposite personality of mine would be ESTP, Extroverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving)

     Here is the (condensed) profile of an INFJ.
INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding of themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear and confident vision, which they then set out to execute, aiming to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.
INFJs have been mistaken for extroverts, as they tend to possess multiple personalities due to their complex inner life; however, they are true introverts. INFJs are private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Though they are very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner.
INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life that they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types; however, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs tend to be easily hurt, though they may not reveal it (except to their closest companions). INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits" rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset.
INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately, deeply woven, mysterious, highly complex, and often puzzling, even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired, yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition.
     If you know me well enough, you should realize that you pretty much just read a profile written directly about me. In case you aren't familiar with these personality types, here's a little interesting fact. Less than 1% of the world's population is considered INFJ. There really aren't a lot of famous INFJs either. I can name 2 off of the top of my head. Hitler and Oprah. That just goes to show how incredibly vast this personality can be.

     Look again at the first sentence of the second paragraph. Trust me, that explains more than you even know.

     I do have a few INFJ friends. And I have the most amazing conversations with them. Because we actually understand each other. Sadly, I've been losing a lot of connections, so I don't have much of that anymore.

     INFJs also have a signature "stare". I noticed it once I heard about it. We tend to just focus 100% on somebody that we are truly interested in. We learn to understand how others' minds work and we can (in a way) read them. Figure out the inner workings. And while we do, we stare. A lot. You might notice that about me now. Don't judge.

     In regards to my previous post when I talked about being lonely.


     Sorry, it's not the best picture, but I've had that on my computer for so long and it just makes too much sense for me not to share it. I am often lonely, and I don't always feel like it's because of a physical presence. Sometimes I'm just in the need of some mental stimulation. A good conversation. I do feel out of place, very often in fact. And my biggest fear is losing somebody that I love. That little green rectangle explains my life. Seriously. 

     There's also the way that we think. Here is a chart showing how all personality types think. 
     So, if you notice, it says that I think with "Introverted Intuition". Obviously, it's the first two factors of an INFJ. Anyway, what this means is that I notice patterns, I have a feeling for consequences both good and bad, and I tend to understand the more abstract things. If you know your personality type, check out your cognitive function here. Go Down to "Functions". You'll see it. 

     By now, I wouldn't be surprised if you were bored and wanted me to finish. Oh fine.

     Just remember that through all of this, I'm still "The Counselor". So I'm always here for you guys. 

     Overall, it's so confusing being an INFJ. But it's just who I am. I'll talk more about it some other time. Have a great afternoon. 

*(Here's a little something fun if you know your personality type.)*

Sorry...it's small print.


No comments:

Post a Comment