Sunday, October 13, 2013

In Regards to Castle Park

     This will be a short one, I promise.

     So I ended up going to my home ward today. I only went to Sacrament Meeting, but hey, sometimes that's all I need. Anyway, I was so surprised by everything that happened. Here's how it went down.

     First, I got super spiffed up. Nice tan pants, brown sports coat, some really nice Eccos, my nicest tie...I wanted to look really good. As I walked into the church building with my parents, my heart started racing. I was already starting to regret it. But that's when a complete stranger walked around the corner and gave me one of the happiest smiles I've ever seen. She was just happy to be at church on a beautiful Sunday morning. So I smiled.

     Once we got to the chapel, we had to sit in the overflow because the Castle Park Ward is huge; especially on Boise standards. So as I sat in the back, I caught the glance of some people I've known for pretty much my entire life. And they just smiled and waved. That's it! I could tell they weren't judging or thinking of what I possibly could have done to still be here. And it actually made me feel happy.

     Happy. Wait....happy. I think I remember this. I smile, right? And I actually mean it. What? Okay this is insane. It really has been a while. Many things have made me FEEL happy, but now I can actually say that I AM happy. There's a difference. 

     So that's that. I made it through sacrament, talked to some old friends and then came home. 

     You know, this whole "Blogging" thing is growing on me. Alright, I'm done for the day. I swear. See ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment