Sunday, October 27, 2013

Adopting a New Attitude

     Hey there friends and readers. It's been a few crazy days, so blogging hasn't been too easy. Let me catch you up.

     1: Work is pretty awesome. The people are great, the work itself is fun and the workplace is beautiful. I get free popcorn and lemonade, that's always awesome. There are only two problems I can think of. Number one, there's one SUPER annoying girl I work with. I hate talking about people behind their backs...but honestly, I can't stand working next to her for SEVEN HOURS. She doesn't know what she's saying, she overloads customers with information, she tells them the wrong things all the time...it's just very annoying. And the second thing...I kinda like one of my coworkers. Oops, that isn't supposed to happen. Ugh, it kind of annoys me.

     2: I've been struggling with Institute. My work schedule is pretty wonky, so waking up at 6:30 has been very difficult. Institute is very important to me too...so it's very hard for me to miss it so much. And with a wavering testimony, it makes everything worse. Hopefully I can figure this all out.

     3: I don't know, it would just be weird to only have a list of two. So, yeah.

     Anyway, life is crazy, but I'd like to talk about something that, for some strange reason, has been bothering me lately.

     Here's my backstory. Two teenagers are in High School in the wonderful Pocatello Idaho. They get into a sticky situation, and the girl is pregnant. She can't keep the baby, so she puts it up for adoption before it was even born. They didn't know anything. Skip ahead 9 months and boom, a little baby boy is born. So two people from Boise drive down to Pocatello and pick up this little baby boy. I'm sure you know who that baby was. That was me. A little baby born to nobody in particular.

     Here's what I hate about this all. I'm adopted. Yeah, so maybe that's a little dramatic. Or very dramatic. But I just simply hate it. I was given up by a woman who couldn't keep me, but I know loved me. And now I'm with parents that love me, but that I don't connect with.

     So I've always known I'm adopted. But that doesn't stop the identity crisis of it all. And that's really what it is. I've never known my actual backstory. I don't even know if I'm Scottish, English, Finnish...anything. I don't know medical history of my bloodline. I don't look like my parents or my sister. It's really hard to explain, but I just wish I could figure all of this out.

     So this has been really bothering me lately, and I've decided that I need to adopt a new kind of attitude so that I don't just sit around and feel horrible about myself and lonely. I do everything I can to be as positive as I can.

     Overall, there is just so much happening and I can't figure out what my life is. So hopefully I figure all of this out soon. If any of you have a question, any question at all, just let me know.

     Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Advice from one of my favorite books: If you don't know the truth, make up the most awesome lie you can think of. It'll get you by until you do. :3
    ~ Bri

    ReplyDelete