Sunday, October 13, 2013

Faith in the Faults

     Nothing is perfect. But isn't that wonderful? Think about it, some of the most beautiful things in life come from mistakes or impurities. See this?


     That is an impurity. And how beautiful is that? So where am I going with all of this? Simple. I'm not perfect, and I screw up a lot. (I'm sure we all do.) But sometimes, from those mistakes, we learn the greatest lessons. We realize the most important things we need to know. We open up to new ideas. We humble ourselves to be better.

     All I want you, as a reader, to know, is that when you make a mistake, look on the positive side of things. There is a way to get out of what you've gotten into. I can assure you, from experience, that it is true. Just remember to believe in yourself and don't be stubborn. Let others assist and carry you along. I know it's hard, but I've had to do it many times.

     Let me give you an example:

     Within a week of me finding out that I wouldn't be serving a mission, I had told quite a few people. One of those people was my good friend Ryan. When I told him, I was in the mindset that I was just kind of done with. I didn't know where I was going in life. All in all, I was being incredibly stubborn. It's stupid, I know. 

     What I learned at that lunch with Ryan, is that I needed to take some time and realize that I can't expect myself to do everything. He offered so much for me. And that's when I decided that I could ask others for help and support. But just let me say, that is so hard. We don't want to look weak. I surely didn't want to ask my friends to spend time with me only for the reason that I wouldn't end up depressed alone in my room. But once I humbled myself, my life got so much easier. 

     So friends, be humble. Have faith in your faults. It's okay to screw up. If it weren't, what would the point of Christ be? (if you're religious) And come on, either way, what do you really think friends are for? They're there to help you. If I've learned anything from this entire experience, BOOM that's it. 

     It's late. I need sleep. I hope you learned something. Sweet dreams (be it dreams in the night or daydreams). 

No comments:

Post a Comment