Sunday, November 3, 2013

Almost Day

     Okay, so this is something I've been working on for quite a while. "Almost Day" is the musical I've been writing. And I'm determined to actually make it into something worthwhile.

     What is it that makes all of us want to leave some kind of mark in this world? Is it just our constant need to be noticed? Or maybe it's just that we don't want to be forgotten. Maybe it's because we want to have physical evidence that our lives have purpose. Either way, I'm right in there with everyone else. I want there to be something to remember me by. Something I'm passionate about. And that something, I want to be this musical.

     It's a love story. Surprise. Two kids who have grown up together their entire lives as best friends. Dianne and Sam both love astronomy and look at the stars every night. It's the summer before their Senior year in this small seaside town. One night, Dianne finds out that she'll be moving away. She's afraid to tell Sam, because secretly, she loves him. And it turns out, he secretly loves her too. Well, the summer goes on, and it's the night before she has to leave...and she finally tells Sam what's happening. It's devastating. But at the county fair that night, they both decide to tell the other that they love the other. (How sweet. Awwwwwe.) Anyway, it's also got a magical man, moonsand, cool music...I just need to make it all professional.

     So that's what I'm doing. And with some help from my new friend, Jake, I'll be editing the script. I'm going to rearrange and even rewrite some of the songs. It'll be a long process, but I really hope it's worth it.

     I'm always up for support and ideas. So if you're ever at all interested in helping, just let me know. (Maybe I'll even rename a character after you!)

Anyway, a quick update on my life:

     Work- It's just the same as ever. Nothing special.

     Insitute- I actually made it to class on Thursday morning! And I have to say...I really should make it to every class. It's what I need in my life right now.

     Choir- We sang at a retirement home. That was...interesting. And then we went to the corn maze. It was okay.

     Halloween- Well, I was Peeta again this year. It's just an easy costume and I like it. I went to a friend's party with my friend Susannah. It was lots of fun watching Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas, but it got kinda awkward when someone I used to like a lot was there...all cuddled up and...ugh, whatever. Anyway, Halloween was okay.

     Friends- I've been lucky enough to make a connection through Suzie and Callie to a new friend in Ohio. We've been texting and getting to know each other. He's awesome. His name is Jake and it's kind of like we've always known each other. It's just nice to have someone that understands me to talk to. I'm thankful for him.

     Faith- Honestly, I don't know.

     Life is okay right now.

1 comment:

  1. It's be cool is there was a random girl named Silke in your play .... ;) just kidding! :) I love to see that you're doing well! I miss my boise folk :)

    ReplyDelete